Over 50,000 Served Since 1992
NEW HAIR INSTITUTE DOCTORS
The doctor’s of New Hair Institute have served over 100,000 happy patients and performed almost 16,000 surgeries of its history. NHI has pioneered most of today’s modern hair transplant technique from large surgical sessions with small grafts in the early 1990s, to the identification of the anatomic Follicular Unit which has now standardized hair transplantation across the world, to Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) started in 1996 and first published in 2002 changing the world of hair transplantation for everyone.
When opting for a hair restoration procedure, your first consideration should be your doctor of choice. This is vital to the success of your surgery. You want to choose someone with the right experience. Someone who you would like to trust your life to, someone who had all the best training and/or most experience, who displays sound judgment, has the technical ability to get the job done right and has a reputation that is well known, worldwide. These qualities, along with the skills and experience of the surgical team, will ensure that the doctor you choose provides the results you want.
At New Hair Institute, our doctors are world renowned for their artistry and innovation. Dr. Rassman is thought of as the ‘Father of the Modern Hair Transplant Techniques’. NHI hholds dozens of U.S. Patents in the field of hair restoration science. We understand the complexities and subtle nuances of these procedures in a way no other doctor does. We helped reinvented the field of hair loss restoration. Allow us the honor of helping to reinvent you.
William R Rassman, M.D.
Dr. William Rassman graduated from the Medical College of Virginia in 1966 where he received his Doctor of Medicine. He completed a surgical internship at the University of Minnesota and obtained a cardiovascular fellowship with Dr. C.W. Lillehei, the man who invented modern heart surgery. He also completed a residency in general surgery at the Cornell Medical Center and Dartmouth Medical Center.
View Curriculum Vitae
Jae Pak, M.D.
Dr. Jae Pak graduated from the University of California Irvine with a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering. He then took a brief detour at the U.S. Marine Corp Officer Candidate School in Quantico Virginia to pursue his love of aviation. He currently holds an FAA private pilot license and you may see him off the coast of Southern California looping and spinning in an aerobatic plane.
NEW HAIR INSTITUTE PATENTS
This section contains medical publications of the New Hair Institute, sorted by year, in PDF format. A number of these documents are large and may require additional loading time.
Hair Transplant or Medical / Diagnostic Devices
- U.S. Patent 7,144,406. Hair Transplant Device (December, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 6,572,625. Hair Transplant Harvesting Device and Method for its Use (June, 2003)
- U.S. Patent 6,059,807. Device for Implanting Small Diameter Capillary Grafts (May, 2000) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 5,989,279. Hair Implantation Device (November, 1999)
- U.S. Patent 5,860,899. Back Manipulating Apparatus (January, 1999)
- U.S. Patent 5,817,120. Hair Implanting Instrument (October, 1998)
- U.S. Patent 5,782,851. Hair Transplantation System (July, 1998)
- U.S. Patent 5,584,841. Instrument for Implanting Hair Grafts (December, 1996)
- U.S. Patent 5,331,472. Method and Apparatus for Measuring Hair Density (July, 1994)
- U.S. Patent 5,192,304. Apparatus for manipulating back muscles (March, 1993)
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/640,598. Method and Apparatus for Transplanting a Hair Graft
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/752,263. Method and Apparatus for Transplanting a Hair Graft2
- U.S. Patent Pending 11/462,102. Hair Extraction Device and Method for Its Use
Biotechnology / Chemistry Devices
- U.S. Patent 7,193,711. Imaging Method and Apparatus (March, 2007)
- U.S. Patent 7,126,688. Microarray Scanning (October, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 7,002,686. Apparatus and method for Imaging (February, 2006)
- U.S. Patent 6,882,420. Apparatus and Method for Imaging a Microarray (April, 2005)
- U.S. Patent 6,833,920. Apparatus for Imaging a Microarray (December 2004)
- U.S. Patent 6,859,280. Imaging Apparatus and Method (June 2003) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 6,587,617. Micro Lens Array for Bioassay (February 2001) Assignee
- U.S. Patent 6,594,011. Imaging Apparatus and Method (July 2000) Assignee
- U.S. Patent Pending 09/838,700 Apparatus Including a Biochip for Imaging of Biological Samples & Method
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/602,555 Microarray Scanning
- U.S. Patent Pending 10/158,995 Method and Apparatus for Recognizing Molecular Compounds
- U.S. Patent Pending 11/321,168 Image Acquisition, Processing and Display
Our scientific publications have been referenced by doctors and patients worldwide. Currently, there are over 70 such publications which have pioneered most modern hair restoration technologies, such as FUT, FUE and SMP. New Hair Institute’s commitment to the highest ethical standards is a benefit to the public, the medical profession, and, first-and-foremost, our patients.
- The Art of Repair in Surgical hair Restoration Part II: The Tactics of Repair
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part I: General Aspects of Repair and Basic Repair Strategies
- Donor Dominance Takes a Bow
- Follicular Unit Extraction: minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation
- The Scalp Laxity Paradox
- In Support of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Limiting Epinephrine in Large hair Transplant Sessions
- Rapid Fire Hair Implanter Carousel: A New Surgical Instrument for the Automation of Hair Transplantation
- Measurements in Hair Restoration
- Dissecting Microscope versus Magnifying Loupes
- A Neighbor’s View of the “Follicular Family Unit”
- On the Origin of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Standardizing the Classification and Descrition of Follicular Unit Transplantation and Mini-micrografting Techniques
- Blind Graft Production: Value at What Cost?
- Follicular Transplantation: Patient Evaluation and Surgical Planning
- Aesthetics of Follicular Transplantation
- What is Delayed Growth?
- Are Scalp Reductions Still Indicated?
- Laser Hair Transplantation: Is it Really State of the Art?
- Answered Questions on Hair Restoration
- Follicular Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Transplantation & Megassessions
- Micrografting in Extensive Quantities