Dear Dr. Rassman,
Im always thankful to you as I visit your blog every alternative day. I also thank your blog for saving me from buying the useless hairmax laser comb. I am a 21 year old male, allergic to minoxidil and have been losing hair for more than three years now. My hairline is still intact but have thinning all over.
- My first question is that can you think what david beckham might have done to regrow his hair. I have the exact same case, and heres the links to before and after pictures of him. Before and After. Please answer this question as its very important for me to know the answer.
- Also, I consulted two dermatologists which belonged to the most famous hospitals in dubai, and both refused to give me a prescription for finasteride saying I am too young(one was upset) and this made me scared of the drug. What would you do if you were instead of me?
- Do you find this information on this site reliable? Drugs.com – Finasteride side effects
- Was that study done on finasteride 1mg or 5mg?
I apologize for this long e-mail. Thanks in advance.
- It is difficult to tell in the after photo, as it isn’t close up and the lighting is different. It looks like his hair is just a bit longer or he could be using medication. I’m not even sure how much time was between the before and the after photo. I did write about David Beckham previously.
- I’m not sure why your dermatologists would say you were too young at 21 years old to take finasteride. The studies on the medication were on men age 18 and up and the medication was shown to be effective.
- Yes, Drugs.com is a reliable site.
- If you’re referring to the study mentioned in that Drugs.com link you sent, I believe that is on the 5mg finasteride.