British scientists have just grown a heart valve from stem cells. Sir Magdi Yacoub, who led the team involved with the project, guesses that an entire heart may be grown using this technology in 10 years. Do you think that this advance will speed the process of hair cloning/multiplication any?
I am aware that stem cells can grow organs. Hair is an organ so if you can grow a heart, then one should be able to grow hair from stem cells. There are clinical trials presently underway that show stem cell placed in the heart, will grow heart cells.
- ScienceDaily.com – Stem Cells With Heart Bypass Surgery Trial To Begin At University Of Pittsburgh
- Telegraph.co.uk – In 10 years we will be able to grow a heart
- NYTimes.com – U.S. Revokes Stem Cell Patent
- Stem Cell Information – Can Stem Cells Repair a Damaged Heart?
- Stem Cell Information – What are the potential uses of human stem cells and the obstacles that must be overcome before these potential uses will be realized?
- BBC – Stem cell heart cure to be tested