I’ve looked ALL over the ‘ net for the answer to ONE simple question: How many hairs a day does a man lose from his beard? I know it’s 50 to 100 for the HEAD — What about the beard, assuming you have a thick one, ( and I do ). Thanks.
I do not have a definite answer to your question, but lets try to examine your question scientifically:
- Natural beard hair loss should be definitely less than the standard 100 scalp hair loss a day from observation alone.
- The total number of beard hairs is significantly less than the total number of scalp hairs.
- If you have a very thick beard, you can roughly estimate the total area of beard coverage is approximately 1/5th of the total area of scalp hair coverage.
- If you assume the life cycle of beard hair is similar to the life cycle of scalp hair, then the adjusted ratio of 1/5th will dictate that you lose at least 20 beard hair a day.
- However, this is a big assumption (to assume beard hair and scalp hair has the same life cycle).
- Nevertheless, from direct observation, I have never seen my own beard hair loss on my pillow or in the sink or on my towel (and I too can have a very thick beard).
So I would guess that we lose a range of 0 to 20 beard hair a day.