Snippet from the article:
Mount Vernon’s Junior High School pool shuts down after it tested positive for high amounts of chlorine.
The school district was notified Wednesday by parents of possible high amounts of chlorine in the pool.
Read the full article — School pool shut down for high chlorine levels
The problem was discovered at the Mount Vernon, Indiana junior high when parents reported their children had rashes and hair loss. Chlorine is known to cause or accelerate hair loss, particularly at higher levels. It may be just a topical effect and if so, will reverse.