Hi Dr Rassman,
I lift weights and read about a product called “T Bomb 2”. I believe it has a steroid like effect without the side effects, there used to be something called t bomb but its now illegal & thats why they created 2. My question is do you know if this product can cause hair loss? because the manufacturers actually say that it blocks or inhibits dht which i think means the opposite of causing hair loss. Thank you.
Here are the ingredients of this product:
- Tribulus terrestris (standardiz
- tongkat ali 20:1 extract (root) (Eurycoma longifolia Jack)
- red clover extract (40% isoflavones)
- Kudzu root (Pueraria lobota) (40% isoflavones)
- DIM (diindolymethane)
- Avena sativa 10:1 extract (aerial parts)
- zinc (as zinc aspartate)
- Pygeum africanum extract (25% total sterol) (bark)
- Stinging nettle leaf 4:1 extract, anti BPH
- Beta siterol
- Saw palmetto berry extract
Most of these are herbal supplements with diverse characteristics. A few of them are testosterone enhancers, while others are herbal supplements traditionally used for treatment of prostate enlargement, which might work through blocking DHT. Unlike medications, herbal supplements could be sold without a real FDA approval assuming they are safe. There is no research on safety of its long term use.