I am 17, male, and have been loosing the hair in the front of my head for about a year and a half now. I do believe during that time I had used a hair product I was allergic to, as I had a sore scalp in some ares. But I have discontinued it’s use, and was wondering:
- how normal (or not normal) it is to begin having a receding hair line at 16 years of age?
- being a vegetarian, could it be a nutritional deficiency?
- in other answers, I have seen you mention “normal ‘maturing’ hairline development”, or something of the sort. What IS a ‘maturing’ hair growth pattern?
- could masturbating or not exercising affect that, and if so, in what way?
- Yes, a receding hairline can start at 16 years old. Normal? That depends on the person’s genes.
- If you do not have a balanced diet and have a nutritional deficiency, you can thin or lose your hair — this has nothing to do with meat-eaters or vegetarians.
- You should get your scalp mapped out for miniaturization to determine when it is a receding hairline vs genetic hair loss. See Maturation of a Hairline â€” Moving From Juvenile to Mature for more on the maturing hairline.
- Neither masturbating nor exercise will cause you to lose your hair.
My best advice for you at this point is to see a doctor who can develop a Master Plan for your balding problem and work with him/her, as hair loss is a serious business.