https://newhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/nhi-medical-356px.png 0 0 William Rassman, M.D. & Jae Pak, M.D. https://newhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/nhi-medical-356px.png William Rassman, M.D. & Jae Pak, M.D.2008-08-20 13:33:352008-08-19 11:18:29Why Don't Girls Have Facial Hair?
- I’ve read Accutane may cause or contribute to hair loss. I was prescribed Accutane a few months ago but I only took one pill before deciding not to take any drugs for my acne. Would that one pill make a difference?? I am worried I did something bad for my hair..
- If body hair and facial hair aren’t related to hair loss on the head, how come kids before puberty do not have facial hair and do not have balding, and how come girls don’t have facial hair and have no balding??
- I’ve read that the DHT blocked by Propecia is permanent. However, when people go off of Propecia, their hair usually sheds any hair that was grown. How are these reconciled?
- One pill will not make a difference with respect to hair.
- Body hair and genetic (androgenic) balding is related to hormones. It is what we call “secondary sex characteristics”. It occurs with changes in your hormones during puberty. So body hair and facial hair and male pattern baldness are all related to some degree, but the genes are expressed differently based upon the sex of the person.
- The effects of Propecia (finasteride 1mg) are not permanent. Thus, if you stop taking Propecia, you will lose the hairs that grew from the effects of Propecia.