Hair Loss and Replacement for Dummies
What are the causes of hair loss? Can you prevent it? Can lost hair be restored? Hair Loss & Replacement For Dummies helps you understand why men and women lose their hair and offers thorough, objective reviews of a wide array of hair replacement options, including hair replacement surgery, prescription and over-the-counter medicinal treatments, hairpieces, natural remedies, and a variety of other options.
Written by physicians at New Hair Institute.
- Available in our office or at Amazon.com
The Patient’s Guide to Hair Restoration
The Patient’s Guide to Hair Restoration explains, in layman’s terms, exactly what causes baldness, how it is diagnosed, and which are the best medical and surgical options available today. It describes the state-of-the-art technique of Follicular Unit Transplantation – in the words of the doctors who pioneered it. Read this book and you will understand why Follicular Unit Transplantation is the “Gold Standard” in hair restoration.
To get a complimentary copy of the book:
Archived NHI newsletters are located in the Newsletters page.
Online Medical Publications
This section contains medical publications of the New Hair Institute, sorted by year, in PDF format. A number of these documents are large and may require additional loading time.
- Scalp Micropigmentation: Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Phenotype of Hairline Evolution: Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- Scalp micro pigmentation (SMP): A Novel Application in Hair Loss: Hair Transplant Forum International
- Pre-Making Recipient Sites in FUE Procedures, Hair Transplant Forum International
- New Instrumentation for Three-Step Follicular Unit Extraction
- Graft Anchoring in Hair Transplantation
- Is a Graft a Graft? That is the Question!
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part II: The Tactics of Repair
- The Art of Repair in Surgical Hair Restoration Part I: General Aspects of Repair and Basic Repair Strategies
- Donor Dominance Takes a Bow
- Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation
- The Scalp Laxity Paradox
- Follicular Unit Graft Yield Using Three Different Techniques
- A New Suture for Hair Transplantation: Poliglecaprone
- Rapid Fire Hair Implanter Carousel: A New Surgical Instrument for the Automation of Hair Transplantation
- Measurements in Hair Restoration
- Dissecting Microscope versus Magnifying Loupes
- A Neighbor’s View of the “Follicular Family Unit”
- On the Origin of Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Standardizing the Classification and Description of Follicular Unit Transplantation and Mini-micrografting Techniques
- Blind Graft Production: Value at What Cost?
- Follicular Transplantation: Patient Evaluation and Surgical Planning
- Aesthetics of Follicular Transplantation
- What is Delayed Growth?
- Are Scalp Reductions Still Indicated?
- Laser Hair Transplantation: Is it Really State of the Art?
- Answered Questions on Hair Restoration
- Follicular Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Transplantation & Megasessions
- Micrografting in Extensive Quantities